It's always good to find out that one's generally-considered disgusting
and unhealthy vice could possible be of benefit.  To those with
Parkinson's who have quit smoking, please DON'T use this as an excuse to
start again.  I know how hard it is to quit....I've done it many times.
Once I lasted three months.

And I was very pleased by all of the responses to our first birthday.
Just to let you know, moderating this list has a lot more good points than
the work involved.  I sent off the 'happy birthday' message, and a few
hours after that I checked my email and there were already two messages,
one from Australia and one from Pouch Cove, Nfld.  Just before I left
work, one of my bosses came to my desk with a visiting professor, the Dean
of Nursing from another Canadian university.  The visiting professor
wanted to meet mee because she had found the Parkinsn List archives using
gopher and had printed them for a friend of hers whose husband was
diagnosed with Parkinson's about 6 months ago.  The friend and her husband
had found our list very helpful.  As I said, there are a lot more pluses
than minuses...in fact, I can't think of any minuses.  :)  Barb