Welcome, Bill. I haven't been a member long but have found this to be an
informative, friendly and helpful group.

I don't know enough to help with your first concern, but addressing your
second concern, I would think keeping everything in the open is the best way
to go. I'm close to your father's age and I'm always happy (even flattered
sometimes) when my children keep me in the "loop" of events. Since PD may be
genetically transferred, one approach for you and your brother could be to
learn all you can about PD for your OWN good and information; that would
certainly keep your father from being viewed as the victim.

Do everything you can to keep him interested and active, and showing your own
interest is one of the best ways to do this. The biggest problem with my
mother (she is 80) is that she has stopped doing things (taking trips with
her peers, going to church, etc.) that she enjoyed before she found out she
has PD.

Good luck and take care,

Yatta Jacob ([log in to unmask])