You wrote:

>Does anyone out there have a first hand knowledge of the
>"Trager Approach"? I believe there was an article about it
>in the National Parkinson's Newsletter about a year ago.
>It claimed that it is very beneficial for Parkinsonion's.
>I have had an offer from a Trager practitioner to give a
>talk and demo to our support group and I am trying to decide if I want
>accept or not.
>
>Ben McKeen  ([log in to unmask])

Trager is a form of bodywork which includes rocking and shaking actions,
sometimes quite vigorous.  I have experienced this and it is, in my
opinion, quite pleasant.  Although I do not have any experience with its
use in the treatment of PD (as physical therapy), it would, in my
estimation be worthy of exposure and trial.

Best,

Bob

--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"