Hello everyone!

It's high time I introduced myself - I have been "lurking" for some weeks
and finding a great deal of interesting material in the daily messages.  I
am not a Parkinsonian but my wife has been diagnosed with P.D.  Mercifully
the progress of the disease is quite slow at present.  We are both active
in The Parkinson's Society of Ottawa-Carleton.  I have recently become
Editor of our newsletter/magazine "The Parkinson Paper" and am also the
"information provider" for a package on Parkinson's on the National
Capital FreeNet.

Perhaps I can put in a "plug" here:- Readers who can access the
N.C.FreeNet (Ottawa) and are looking for information on P.D. and the work
of our Society should go to No. 5 on the Main Menu: Social Services,
Health and Environment Centre - or you can take a shortcut by typing "go
parkinson" at the arrow prompt. There is also a list of books on P.D. for
lay people.

Incidentally, I have been capturing and filing a lot of the message
material and plan to make it available for our members to read in the
Society's library. (If personal accounts of P.D. are included, I will take
out names.)

Let me add my congratulations on the completion of the first year for this
Listserver. I have been a subscriber for only a few weeks but I can see
that it is well worth while!

--
  * * * * Arthur Palmer * * * *
         * * Nepean * *