Dear Lynn Lowe:  I'm surprised to hear you say that in home services are
scarce in Florida.  Have your parents  checked with the local county Visiting
Nurse Association?  When I worked as a nurse with the VNA in Florida many
services were available not the least of which were homemakers who spent a
couple of hours helping the patient with bath and dressing, changing linens,
doing personal laundry, cleaning as needed for patient's comfort, preparing a
 meal and doing some grocery shopping.  Nursing assistants gave enemas as
ordered.  RN checked patient and meds regularly.  Now they even have
physiotherapists and occupational therapists on staff.  Florida is full of
private nursing organizations which isn't surprising as FLA has always been
full of retirees which means old people which means sicknesses which means
nursing needed.
Check it out.  Medicare pays a lot of the care bill.
Barbara Yacos, RN