Frederic, I am not familiar with the thyroid/pd connection, but I am familiar
with the psychological/anxiety component.  My mom developed this problem to
a great extent leading to the introduction of a psychiatrist. The tricky part
came about when he began treating the anxiety with drugs, some of which
seemed to amplify the bad effects of the PD meds.  Consequently, she became
over-medicated...her anxiety and hallucinations were undercontrol, but she
staggered, slurred her words and was more disoriented than usual. Also,
since both she and my step father are afraid of over-medication, they
were resistant to each new development and are now REALLY distrustful of
any doctors changing meds. So, I don't know if this relates at all to the
thyroid question, but the bottom line is caution in the treatment of anxiety.
Lynn