Hi Anne, I can appreciate the problems your mother is having with her
vision disturbances. I, too, have the same problem. After having cataract
surgery with lens implant I still had the problem. My opthalmologist finally
admitted that he was stumped. He could not find anything wrong with my eyes.
He stated that it might be a result of Parkinsons or, quite possibly adverse
effects of some of the medications I am taking.
Subsequently I investigated all posssible adverse effects of all my meds and
found to my greatest surprise that almost all of them have adverse effects on
vision. I am not sure if I should list them by name but I will anyhow:
Dyazide:  Transient blurred vision
Eldepryl (Deprenyl) : Blurred vision, diplopia (double vision)
Lanoxin: Visual disturbances (blurred vision or yellow vision)
Permax: Frequent = diplopia (double vision)
        Infrequent = eye pain, glaucoma, eye hermorrhage
        Rare = blindness, cataract, retinal detachment, retinal
               vascular disorder
Propranolol: Visual disturbances
Sinemet CR: Diplopia, dilated pupils, oculogyric crises.

The above info is taken from  CPS (Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and
Specialties.
I submitted this info to my opthalmologist but have not yet heard anything from
him.
Wether or not any of these drug side effects are causing your mothers
problem is, of course, something only your mothers doctors can determine.
I hope this is of some help to you. Regards, Werner