It might be only another coincidence. While recovering from a hernia
operation, I became fearful, sleepless, couldn't eat, and lost 30
pounds, from only 155 pounds. I was on the way out. In the hospital they
tested me for everything! Then a simple blood test disclosed a red-hot
overactive thyroid. Massive doses of Tapazole promptly brought it under
control. I was eating a half-gallon of ice cream (prescribed) about
every two days, and gaining weight about a pound a day. Now I have
tapered off on the Tapazole gradually to none. I have overshot by about
ten pounds on the weight. (Remember I also quit smoking)

About nine months after the thyroid affair, I had no sense of balance
for a day -- my body simply did not know which way was up. I was taken
to see the doctor. I was nauseated by the lack of balance, and I threw
up three times in his office. My brother-in-law, also a doctor, says
that doubles the bill. The doctor prescribed some anti-vertigo pills.

Eventually I went to a neurologist to explore the possibility that I had
had a stroke. She watched me walk into her office, and she said "you
have Parkinson's disease". Well, she did also perform a thorough
clinical examination. I asked "why is all this happening to me?" She
said that it was not unusual for a trauma, like my operation, or
something like an auto accident, to trigger a case of Parkinson's
disease.

But again this is another case of hyperthyroidism and Parkinson's
occurring together.  I wonder ? ? ?

From: [log in to unmask]

 * SLMR 2.1a * McLean Virginia USA  Fri 11-18-94 5:02 pm
---
 * KMail 3.00y