>I was very happy to locate the Parkinson's Info Exchange Newtwork.  I very
>recently hooked up to the Net, and have been surfing it, looking for
>Parkinsons info.
>
>A brief bio seems to be in order: I am a 27 year old male who was diagnosed
>with Parkinsons two years previously.  Presently it affects my left arm and
>is moving to my left leg.  I currently take Eldyprel, Sinemet CR, and
>Permex.  I experience the usual symptoms: trembling of limb, rigidity,
>slowness of movement, and some side-effects from the meds, usually head and
>body twitching and drowsiness.
>
>In advance, i wish to thank anyone and everyone I will hopefully be
>corresponding with via CyberSpace for their time and information.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Jeffrey
Your conjectures are not alone.  Many of us have spent time thinking about
the symptoms and possible causes and factors of the disease.  It seems that
I have read several recent reports that indicate there is more evidence
that PD is not one specific disease.  The initial correlation of PD with
post-mortem evidence of 'Lewy' bodies in the brain substantia nigra region
seesm to no longer be exactly correlated. the Lewy bodies have been found
in other diseases, and in other locations in the gastro-intestinal tract.
I am about twice Jeffrey's age .. was diagnosed in 1984, am interested in
knowing all I can about this 'thing'.
We started a local support group here in Ridgecrest, Calofornia  one year
ago. I believe that the research you entioned could find support group
members willing to participate.  There may be some on-going efforts toward
the collection of conjectures about the detailed processes of symptoms
generation as well as the effects of the drugs we take.
If there is some sort of listing, I request anyone who has itput it into
this media to help us get together.
Ron Vetter

Ronald F. Vetter         <[log in to unmask]>
2105 Camino el Canon
Ridgecrest, CA 93556-7656
619/375-7364