Tamara, I don't know if you want a reply, but my heart goes out to you. I know
exactly what you mean. Its not my Dad, but my Mom, and in her case, she
does what I call "fixating" on things, for example, she rummages through all
her paperwork for hours, sometimes several times per week.  She will also
do the same thing with her meds (to our horror!)  As she was an excellent
seamstress in her younger years, my heart breaks to see her attempting to
hem something and eventually ruining it. She can't understand why she can't
still do it.  She can't even cut out a pattern any longer. It is so
heartbreaking to watch. The people you spoke of at the restaurant needed to
be told off.  Have they no common courtesy? We've experienced that, too.
So, I'm not much help, but just to let you know you're not alone.
Lynn Lowe  [log in to unmask]