You wrote:

> "Bonjour" everyone,
>
>Does anybody have information on music therapy dealing with people who
>cope with Parkinson's disease?  I would greatly appreciate your
findings.
>"Merci beaucoup".

Martine:  Although I have no direct experience with music therapy for
PD, I would think that "hard-driving" music such as Bach, Mozart, and
(since you are French) Rameau, Charpentier, and Lully, would be good.
Of course, I am a fan of Renaissance and Baroque music; but there is an
energy in this music that I would think could "energize" people who were
"slowed down" by the effects of PD.  The "all-time best" for this type
of music, however, is the Italian master, Vivaldi, whose music (for me)
always gets me "moving"!

Il n'ya pas de quoi,

Bob

--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"