Just a quick (OK, not TOO quick), word on the January issue.  The
focus will be on contemporary performance theory  and the deadline for
submission is January 15.  The issue will appear on January 22 because,
like many of you, we will be away from our computers during the holidays.

BIG CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT!

With the theory emphasis in the next issue we've decided to run a little
contest.  We're looking for the most dense academic writing imaginable -
the kind where the language is so dense that the structure of the
arguments collapses, creating a black hole in the fabric of logical
thought out of which no meaning can escape.  There will be seperate
categories for created and discovered entries, with recognition going to
the best entries in each category.  Entries in the discovered (i.e.
published) category should be sent in MLA citation format so that the
original author can be credited.  Below are examples created by the
T.P.I. editors -

EXAMPLES

Her/his pronounced proclivity to articulate her/his ouvre through
marginally liminal performative modalities obfuscates the gestus of
her/his praxis.

Retrogressive otherness paradigms illustrate the pervasiveness of
patriarchal historical contexts in the epistemologically-challenged
discourses.

DO NOT SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO THE TPI LISTSERV!
Send them to <[log in to unmask]>

As always, subscriptions to T.P.I. are free and available by sending a
subscribe message to <[log in to unmask]>

Happy Holidays!

Dave Reifsnyder
Co-Editor, T.P.I.