Hi - I'm glad I found all of you.  I have been looking for discussion
group like this for PD for quite some time.

My mother was diagnosed with PD sixteen years
ago at the age of 42.  She is now on realtively high doses of medication
(12 sinimet per day) and suffers from severe dyskinesia just prior to
bed.  On our last visit to the neurologist he suggested a pallidotomy.
This was the first we had heard of the procedure.

I'd appreciate hearing any comments you have about this procedure.  This
may be a repeat discussion for some of you but please forgive me
I'm new to the group.

Thanks.

Keith Scheider