>Finally to the lady whose heart was breaking seeing her Dad try to do projects
> now that were easy in the past.  I think this is a wonderful opportunity to
>join with your Dad and help him.  I do not want you to ask if you can be of
>help and I do not want you to take over the task your Dad is attempting.
> What you should try to do is to supplement your Dad s inability and
>participate in what he is attempting.  Ask him why he puts a part where he
>does.  Become involved in what he is doing.  Ask him to show you how he does
>it.  Now he will become the teacher and forget he has PD.  Your gain is
>tremendous.  You are spending quality time with a very important person in
>your life.

Thanks! I try to do things with him, but I know I don't do enough. There is
a chance we'll be moving closer to my parents, and if that's the case, I've
been thinking about taking a class with him...something like watercolors or
something (he is a really good artist, but hasn't done something like that
in a long time). We'll be spending a lot of time with my parents during the
holidays, and I hope to do lots of things with him then, too.

>Happy Thanksgiving to you all,
>Alan Bonander  ([log in to unmask])

Hope yours was happy!
Tamara

   _/_   / /         /
   / __ / /_   o _. /_  _       Tamara D. Hicks Syron
  < (__/_/  /_<_(_ / <_/_)_     Publications

National Center for Research on Teacher Learning
College of Education
Michigan State University
East Lansing
/ (. .) \      * There are only two lasting   *
   /*\         * bequests we can hope to give *
 Heidi the     * our children. One of these   *
 wonder        * is roots; the other, wings.  *
 beagle        *     -Hodding Carter-         *