You wrote:

>Bob:
>As other notes already have mentioned, you are missing something with
>apomorphine.  Available only as a liquid, it's administration has to be
very
>carefully monitored to avoid high dose problems.  It is quite often
used in
>Europe as part of a diagnostic workup for new patients.
>
>But it is not available in the USA.  It is my understanding that the
FDA
>cannot be enticed into approving it because of safety concerns.  Of
course
>those ideas about approval of a drug change from time to time.
>
>Best regards,
>Joe Irr ([log in to unmask])

Many thanks, Joe.  I briefly spoke with a neurology colleague of mine
yesterday and he was more aware of this than was I.  I am planning to
research the issue some myself.  I learned something today!

Thanks and best wishes,

Bob

--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"