There have been and probably still are isolated tests on the drug
Apomorphine.  It is classified as a dopamine agonist.  Its usual method of
administration is directly into the blood vein.  The reaction to the drug is
quick. (I know a neurologist that has some in his office.  He uses it when a
patient comes in and is severely OFF meds.)

The good side seems to be its quick action.

The bad sides are:
(1)  The drug is strong, and the patient develops boils where it is injected.
 This is usually in the stomach area.
(2)  There was a trail using a nasal spray.  The problem was it started to
destroy the membrains in the nose.
(3)  I understand the rights to distribution in the US is owned by a Pharm.
Co that has a competing product.  Since it may hurt profits of the competing
product, it will not be distributed in the US.  (This means to get FDA
approval and all that goes with this which can be expensive.)

Apomorphine as I understand it is really a drug to be used by a physician for
special purposes.  It may be too dangerous to use by the general public at
this time.

(Commentary:  Wouldn't it be nice to have a drug that would work almost
instantanously for those times when one is in a "drug resistant OFF" period?
 We have CR which takes up to two hours to reach theraputic value.  Regular
sinemet which can take 30 - 60 minutes to reach theraputic value.  There is
Liquid Sinemet that takes around 5 - 20 minutes to start working.  Permax
works within an hour and I assume Parlodel does also.  The problem with any
fast acting drug is that one tends to depend on its fast action and becomes
addicted to the reaction.  Before long the fast acting drug is used all the
time and the patient is complaining about over doseage, under doseage, or the
roller coaster effect.  It was the roller coaster effect in the beginning
that caused them to use the fast acting drugs.  Now they have fast acting
roller coaster effects which is worse than where they were prior to this
whole mess.

What I am really getting at is the art of taking anti-Parkinson's drugs. It
is an art and not a science.  The science of taking PD drugs is easy enough,
it is appling it to daily living that is the problem.  More on this at another
 time.)

Regards,
Alan