  I am a medical librarian in Cooperstown NY.  My mother was diagnosed with
  PD several years ago.  She lives in Fort Lauderdale FL with my stepfather.

  They have tried everything in hopes of improving her condition, but she
  has deteriorated rapidly.  My stepfather is at the end of his rope.

  They need some "outside" advise on their options.  They have the best of
  medical advise, but not coping advise.  They have spent all their time
  looking for a cure and no time on how to live with the disease.  Mom
  has become a demanding invalid and my stepfather a tired, grumpy
caregiver.   My sister and I don't dare say much because he is after all the
one who
  is carrying the burden.  Any suggestions out there?
Linda Muehl
Bassett Healthcare
1 Atwell Road
Cooperstown NY 13326