I would love some help in dealing with my husband.  He was diagnosed about
three years ago here in Austria and it was confirmed by doctors in
Philadelphia at the Graduate Hospital.  Since then he has been under the
care of a neurologist here in Vienna although he has seen him only twice in
the last year and a half.  Is this normal or do most patients see their
doctors more frequently?
Also, Bruce sometimes has a great deal of difficulty falling asleep - body
alive, as he phrases it.  He drinks warm milk and honey, or excersises to
calm himself.  Once asleep, his body is still alive - he knocks things off
of his nightstand, occasionally punches me, and even hits his own hand on
the nightstand.  I sometimes have to sleep in another room when he becomes
too restless.  Comments anyone?
His other problem is standing in one position - especially at cocktail
parties.  He wears knee braces because his knees are shot (from sports and
now PD).
Also, before he was diagnosed, he was having a lot of difficulty with
reading - wandering eye.  A super doctor in Wash DC/Chevy Chase, Md. , Dr
Alpere had him fitted with prism glasses which currently need a new
prescription.  Does anyone else have this problem????  Does it get worse??
Actually, I am quite nervous about our future - will it get worse, not at
all, slowly, quickly, etc
Thank God for his wonderful sense of humour- and quick wit.
Enough for now- ah yes, he takes Sinemet 25/100  about 2 and a half a day,
two eldypryl and one half Dopagin in the evening.
Thanks in advance for any comments.

Maxine Cooper

Marcel Michiels

Wirtschaftsuniversit=E4t Wien