My husband simply retired from teaching once he became too weak to stand
before a class, or when the shaking became so much of a distraction that
he couldn't concentrate on lecturing.  This may have been a capitulation,
but in retrospect it was the wisest thing we could have done, especially
since my job could substitute good income.  This way we could concentrate
on him and his medical needs, and on achieving the best quality of life
possible under the circumstances.  I have no way to help you, but add this
comment only for what it's worth.

k.

Mrs. Karin M. Beros, MSO                        [log in to unmask]
International and Area Studies                  voice:  (510) 642-8542
Office of the Dean, 260 Stephens Hall           fax:    (510) 642-9466