My father has PD - quite advanced now after about 10 years from first
diagnosis.  (He is now in his 70's and in residential care).  Here are
some thoughts, based on my family's experiences:

First, don't lose heart!  There is tremendous variability in PD, and
individuals do experience quite different progressions.  There is a lot
of help available (if you are persistent in seeking it).  It may not be
as bad as you somtimes fear.

Second, be realistic.  PD is a progressive condition which generally gets
worse over time.  In the early phases the impact on the quality of life
can be quite controllable;  in the later phases, where my father is now,
the impact can be severe.  If I had the opportunity to do it over again,
I would have spent a lot more effort on helping my father confront the
fact that, in his particular case, he was undergoing rapid deterioration,
and his options were rapidly narrowing.  He definitely did not want to
think about this, and we took the easy way out by going along with him.

Third, look after yourself.  In my family's case, my mother almost became
co-dependent, and lied to herself constantly about my father's worsening
condition.  This increased the stress on her enormously, and
unintentionally delayed my father getting proper treatment;  irrational
behaviors on his part were brushed off as PD symptoms, instead of drawing
prompt medical attention.  Keeping yourself mentally and physically
healthy is essential if you are to be able to help your husband.

Keep your spirits up!