You wrote:

>I was about to dial 911 when I saw my "blue goggles" that I have worked
>with for controlling dyskinesia.  I put these on over my glasses -- and
>in 5 to 10 seconds all my muscles relaxed.  The asthma was down to a
>whisper and the dyskinesia was gone.  I kept the blue goggles on for
>about 30 minutes to assure the two attacks had properly subsided.  Now
>this type of attack has happened more than once since than and the blue
>goggles have successfully calmed me.  Now I know the color blue has a
>calming effect, so what I did was not just a guess.  I suspect blue may
>have worked for a number of simple reasons: (1) It has a calming effect
>(2) it has a myopic effect in that it filters out much visual noise
>which may be the cause of dyskinesia (3) anxiety was feeding both the
>asthma and PD and blues calming value may have removed the anxiety
>attach and thus remove the fuel of the PD and asthma attack.  What ever
>it was, I accepted the result with a feeling of great relief.
>
>As a test I have tried using the blue goggles for reduction of asthma
>symptoms only and they have been of marginal value.

I've been following this list for the past few months.  My father-in-law
was diagnosed with PD about 12 years ago, and I've been sharing
information from this list with him and with my mother-in-law who's been
his primary care provider.

Your experiences with the blue goggles are intriguing!  Has anyone else
had similar experiences?  My in-laws are somewhat reluctant to question
the doctor about options (I've encouraged them to read the postings,
consider them, then discuss them with the doctor before changing meds on
their own); something "non-prescription" like goggles, if beneficial,
might be met with less resistance ...

--- Dave Rosenbaum

P.S. : This list is great!  My thanks (and less verbally expressed
thanks from my in-laws) for all of the input, ideas and honesty!!