Listmembers;

        Recently my father-in-law read an article in one of the big daily
newspapers about a Professor David Nichols from Purdue.  It seems that this
medical chemistry and pharmagognosy professor has formulated (is testing?)
a new drug by the name of dihydrexidine.

        The article said that in trials with monkeys who had severe PD
symptoms, the drug was able to relieve the symptoms completely for a period of
45 minutes.  One amazing story was about one of the simians in the lab who did
not have a door on their cage because of the animal's inability to move.
After the dose, the researchers had to chase it around the lab.

        According to the article, the rights to the drug have been picked up
by Interneuron Pharmacutry (sp?) of Lexington, Mass.

        Has anyone else heard about this drug, Prof. Nichols research, or
Interneuron?  I would appreciate it if anyone who knew anything about these
would contact me or post your information to the list.

        Thanks.

Dudley
Dudley Knappe, Software Development Division            Cray Research, Inc.
Phone: (612) 683-5529                                   655F Lone Oak Drive
E-mail: [log in to unmask] or uunet!cray!dudley            Eagan, MN 55121