Hi, folks.  There is one thing that I should have mentioned right after
the message about privacy and messages on this discussion list.  Barb
Yacos and Ed Huschka explained completely about privacy and discussion
lists.  So I only have to comment about privacy and email.  ANY email
message is NOT private.  If I send a private message to Barb or Ed, they
can then forward that message anywhere (not that I think they would).  If
Barb or Ed delete my message, depending on the system they are using, the
message, rather than being gone for ever, has gone into the system's
'garbage can'.  The people operating the system can, if required, retrieve
that message.

If you save your messages, either sent or received, that's another story.
As those of you who have been members of this list since early in January
know, a very dear friend of mine, Janet, was murdered.  Her husband is charged
with first degree murder and will stand trial in February.  I was Janet's
secretary and the two of us sent many email messages to each other, some
work related, most were personal.  We both saved all of our messages to
and from each other.  They are now evidence in the trial.  These messages
were never meant for anyone else to see.  There isn't anything
'newsworthy' in any of them but they ARE personal.

So, if you don't want it on the 6 o'clock news, don't send it email.  I
know I risk the openness and sharing that happens on this list by saying
this but there may be people who don't know.  I know that I treat reading
and sending messages to this list like chatting to good friends who are in
the same boat I am.  I have learned more about Parkinson's and coping and
courage and support and humour here than anywhere else.  My friend, Janet, was
very excited about this discussion list.  She said it was going to be a very
powerful source of information and influence about Parkinson's.  I think
we are proving her right.

Barb