Hello All,
My name is Charles Kennemore and I live in Clearwater FL, USA.  My
involvement with PD is from my father being diagnosed  with PD approx 7 years
ago and mother passed away about three years ago with PD.  It has been trying
to watch him steadily deteriorate knowing first hand what comes next and he
knows too, all too well.  He is in SC so it is hard for me to see him often
and that is difficult at times too.
He is fairly advanced in the progress of the disease, tired, low speech,
forgetfulness, some bradykinesia, weak etc the symtoms we all know so well.
 All of the mail I have been reading in the last week is very interesting but
I would like to hear from some on a new development in my father's PD.

Two weeks ago he sat down after Thankgiving dinner to rest and a couple of
hours later had near zero mobility in his arms and legs, not alck of movement
but no strength.  By the time my mother got hmi to the hospital he could not
remain sitting upright without assistance and his speech had dropped to a low
whisper but mentally he was the same.  Tests ruled out stroke and could find
nothing to indicate the cause.  Since that time he has gotten physical
therapy and has progressed to having some mobility back in his legs and arms
but he still cannot stand and can barely sit upright for more than a short
time.  Also the dementia part of the diseaese seems to be more prevalent
(though I'm not sure the week of hospital beds and tests is not the cause of
this).  The doctors attribute the "problem" to a PD and say this rapid onset
of PD attributes is not uncommon and could reverse itself also.
I realize this was a long intro and I apologize if the personal thrust is
beyond the scope of this list but right now that is my primary question.
Can anyone provide me some more info about this rapid changes in PD.  This
was new to me.  Has anyone experienced it?  Any method that might lessen the
harm done beyond the standard treatments?
I look forward to learning and I hope I can contribute to the list.  Thanks
Barbara for starting this list, I wish I had found it long ago.

Charles Kennemore