Just a quick comment on Charles' father having an OFF period after
Thanksgiving.  I would think most of us with PD experienced an OFF period
after Thanksgiving.  Eating a large meal of turkey, gravy, stuffing, potatoes,
 and the rest of the trimmings will somehow interrupt the L-dopa delivery to
the brain.  For myself, a large meal eaten rapidly will cause the most
problems.  I had a long and shakey OFF period after Thanksgiving.  I do it
every year.

The whole digestive system is slowed in PD.  I have found a big meal doesn't
just shut me OFF, it will keep me in an OFF state for a longer period.
 Depending on what is "Big Meal" the resulting OFF period can be very
tramatic.  I do not lock up but extended OFF periods can be no fun.

You mentioned some mental problems.  It is my guess there were many mental
problems.  When OFF our meds, our mental acuity can be substantially reduced.
 Don''t judge your father's mental state until he can get back on
medications.

I use 1/2 of a regular 25/100 or 10/100 sinemet with a high protein lunch and
I use a full regular 25/100 or 10/100 sinemet with a high protein dinner.  On
Thanksgiving I used 1.5 pills because I really like gravy on turkey stuffing
...  (I think I will check if there is still some left over turkey!!!).

Regards,
Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])