This is in response to Allan Netick's discussion about REM sleep
behavior disorder, and only to voice a concern.

You mentioned that it is treatable with a benzodiazepine, and I want to
express a word of caution. While I understand, (from your description
as well as Maxine's), that this can potentially be a dangerous
condition, I personally feel the use of benzodiazepines for any
disorder should only be initiated with a great deal of caution,
due to their addiction potential.

There are situations where they do make sense, but I feel the benefits
must be weighed carefully against the risks.

- my 2 cents worth -

Barb Colmery
email: [log in to unmask]