I just joined this list. Thanks to Barbara Patterson for managing it!

My father has had Parkinson's for about 8 years, and is now 74. He has just
moderate tremor and lives alone quite effectively. I have a couple of
questions.

1) Recently he started having mild hallucinations and some mental confusion.
This seems to have been associated with an increase in the Sinemet dosage. A
reduced dosage appears for now to have eased the problem. Has anyone run into
this?

2) In addition, for the past year or so he is having increased difficulty
remembering recent decisions or events. This is fairly subtle, but very real.
The neurologist says it's probably an unrelated problem, and may simply be a
matter of age. Has anyone seen or had similar experiences related
specifically to Parkinson's?

3) Is there an organization for relatives of Parkinson's sufferers?

Thanks.
    -- Rich Simons ([log in to unmask]) --