Dear Gaston,

My father has was diagnosed with PD back in 1984.  He is in a very bad shape
at this point.  He still is capable though of walking around at a "90 degree
back" angle.  He can only speak for a few minutes a day.  He is determined to
"conitnue his memoirs" while he still could.  He has an electrical type
write.  He tends to use the back of a pen to punch the chracters on the key
board.  He has had no problems with forgetting things.  His blood pressure is
normal to low.  He has in fact developed better memorization capabilities
since he got the disease!  He tends to remember much more old friends and
people from the past than my mother who is perfectly healthy and 10 years
youger than he is.  My father is now 66.

I read something in you article about Sinemet CR.  How is this different from
Sinemet?  My father has been on the follwoing medications: Sinemet, Parlodel,
Diprenyl, Astonin.  Daily total dosage is: 6 Sinemet, 2 Parlodel, 1 Diprenyl,
1/2 Astonin plus antiacid tablets with each dose.  Is this where  you are at?
 What is "Slow Release Sinemet"?  I am interested in seeing if this is a
feasible alternative for my father.

Please give me some feedback. I am [log in to unmask]

H. Laswi (San Jose, California)