Hi Rich.  In answer to your questions, there is a real danger of hallucinations
and memory problems associated with Sinement, or so it seems. We experienced
this with my mother, and the decrease in Sinement seemed to resolve the
problem of visual hallucinations.  The memory thing, and other mental confusion
has persisted, however.  She has been treated with other psychoactive druge,
but this is a VERY delicate balancing act, which can easily go "over the edge"
in other directions. For instance, my mother experienced severe instability in
walking (staggering) while on  some other medications. She is now on minimal
dosage of Sinemet, eldepryl and something for her arthritis, and is much more
lucid.  I hope you have a local Parkinson's Support Group in your area. We
don't have one real near us, and we haven't been able to attend the meetings
of the closest one.  But, I understand they are of great value to the
patient and the caregivers/family. Best wishes to you.
Lynn Lowe