Just as an introduction, I am 59, was diagnosed about 4.5 years ago,
experienced dexterity/stiffness in my right hand about 6 years ago.  Went
on Eldepryl 3Q of '91 and began Sinemet CR Spring of this year to counter
tremor (in right hand only) and to relieve tightness/tension in shoulders
and neck.

Still work full time as an investment advisor after years in the corporate
"world".  Live in Phila. PA area.

In July, 1993, I began participation in double blind clinical study of
Rapinerol(sp) - SmithKline - which lasted 12 months.  It was only in last
three months of trial that I had to begin using Sinemet to control
tremor when under tension.  During the few weeks after going off trial, I
encountered the most signifcant change of my PD "career".  Consistant hand
tremor and body tension (wouldn't call it stiffness) needs Sinemet almost
consistantly.  I still don't know if trial was Rapinerol or placebo, but
strongly suspect it was the "real" thing since I had only marginal change
during most of that year, and had major change after stopping.

I understand this is phase three trials, but haven't heard any results.

Has anyone else been involved in any field trials that are worthy of
reporting - not just experimenting with various combinations of available
drugs?

Hats off to Barbara Patterson for initiating this forum.
Les McCoun  smccoun@mciunix