To respond to Rich Simons' note of December 14, my father was in roughly
the same age range and time since PD diagnosis when he started to show
similar symptoms - hallucinations and confusion.  He also had some
compulsive behaviors (such as repeated shuffling of his old tax returns)
and reduced attention span.

I talked with some people from the Parkinson's Society in the UK (my
father lives in Scotland), and they immediately started asking about his
Sinemet dosage.  They have apparently had some dramatic successes with
changing from Sinemet to other medications in older PD patients, with
significant improvement in the patient's mental condition.  We arranged
for my father to have some treatment in a hospital unit specializing in
the treatment of PD, who tried him on quite a range of medications and
dosages over a period of weeks.  In my father's case, it turned out that
Sinemet was not the problem;  reducing the level of medication did help
some with the confusion, but at the expense of greater rigidity; and they
found that he seemed to be suffering from the onset of senility, probably
unrelated to PD.

Unfortunately, my father has gone downhill since then.  If I could offer
a thought to your father, it would be Enjoy Life Now!  Get Out and Do It
Today!