I participated in Ropinerole study for year also, was denied extended use by
Smith Kline after the year which really set me off for a while. Since I have
been trying to adjust to other dopamine agonists - found Permax much too
harsh, am currently titrating up slowly on Parlodel. Doing fairly well on
Parlodel - find that it smooths out the on/off a little, and I seem to sleep
a little better. I also started Sinimet use only in the last two months of
the study, and now find it almost impossible to live without. I think the key
is in the comparison betwen on and off. I never knew how off I was until I
went on with Sinimet. My love/hate relationship with a drug. Kind of a crazy
way to live if you ask me. Have experimented with acupuncture with some
surprisingly good results. Acupuncture eliminated my hand tremor even when
totally drug-free(my neurologist has me do a daily drug holiday). Still
gradually working with acupuncture for benefit with my leg stiffness. Anyone
have any experience with this?