Greetings all!

My father-in-law just visited us over the Xmas holiday and we talked more
at length about some of his symptoms.  In addition to PD, he also has
arthritis and has a hard time determining which of these two diseases is
causing some of his problems.  Although the PD symptoms seem to be
relatively mild at this point, we do want to monitor any increase.

The specific areas of concern are a tightening in the throat that gives
him a slight choking sensation (mostly at night), and a stiffness and
numbness behind his knees.  THe definitely identified PD symptom is a
tremor in his right hand (mostly his fingers) which is now extending up
his arm (the tremor - not the fingers.  ;-))  As to medication, he is now
taking eldepryl, which brings me to the second question.

The prescription calls for him to take it two times a day with food.
The doctor and pharmacist both said to take one with breakfast and one
with the midday meal.  It seems to me that if a medication is to be taken
twice a day, the it's so the dosage can be spread out more evenly
throught the day.  I would think it would make more sense to take the
second dosage with the evening meal to make it more even in time.

Does any one out there have any thoughts or experience with any of this?
Thanks in advance.

Howard Polonsky