Hi, Mark Hirsch
I, too, look forward to being helpful...I think helping self and others are
rewarded by brain chemicals...we feel good for doing good.  I am involved
with a small PD support group.  We have not yet tried to have an exercise
session.  Have you a short, simple, recommended exercise that could be
done?  Few have done <aerobics>.
The video obtained from NPF has a short portion with an actor/choreographer
leading with some intent to have the <visualization> of moving and
<stretching> all the body toward the goal being helpful.
It seems plausible to me that many <automatic> <non-conscious> physical
activity processes do not remain controllable by the brain... because the
initial signal from the conscious decision normally passing to the
<sub-processor> motor neurons process is defeated by lack of
neurotransmitter.  However, <too much> retarder neurotransmitter could
block.  Does your dissertation contain conjectures about possible effects
of exercising as a preventive measure to PD deterioration?  My conjectures
include this possibility ... that <re-wiring> the motor control <on
switch(es)> could be accomplished by training-produced new alternative
signal circuits.
I am curious about cooperation among researchers.  The UPF, NPF, APDA, and
many smaller organizations seem to be somewhat competitive rather than
cooperative.  As a researcher, do you have access to <published>
information that approaches 100% of the total?  Have you attended seminars
relevant to exercise with PD experts?  Would a <dissertation> that was
actually an attempt to initiate a <database PD computer expert assimilation
of current best thinking> be accepted if proposed?
It seems most efficient for mankind to ultimately have a computer-resident
<anatomy> resource that is available to all and that is encyclopedic.
Perhaps the concept of eliminating the middlemen that would evolve if
encyclopedic information in the universal library that was directly
accessible by all individuals to allow <diagnosis by computer medical
expert> will be suppressed by the medical and legal <professions>, but I
think such a goal of making all of <expert> knowledge available to all
would be empowerment that could maximize the potential of humanity.
However, there is abundant evidence that altruism is not the motivation of
all.
I do not expect a reply to all of this.   sincerely, Ron

Ronald F. Vetter         <[log in to unmask]>
2105 Camino el Canon
Ridgecrest, CA 93556-7656
619/375-7263