---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Budget time
Date:    94-12-30 08:45:53 EST
From:    Rweeks
To:      [log in to unmask]

It is budget time in Washington D.C.
Time to decide how to slice the pie.
Why should you add to Parkinson's research?
Is that a disease from which millions die?
Will drug trials be helpful for Fred or Barry?
Is neurosurgery worth a try?

What about the neuro clinics?
They are seeing younger folks up there.
Is that because of all the pollutants
that are hanging in our water or air?
Is that what's causing our shakes and tremors?
Or do our genes hold the secret, a DNA error?
Will you find the answer for John or Derek?
They're our next generation, will they be spared?

PD's not a fatal illness, all of us are growing old.
Some of us shake, some of us shuffle,
there is no single Parkinson's mold.
Some have pain, some have dementia,
Bradykinesia...that's movement slow.
Can you find any help for Mike or Bernie?
How far can you make the dollars go?

No, we don't die from Parkinson's Syndrone.
The doctors don't make a mint on us.
They have found no cure for moving and shaking
and funding is low.  What's all the fuss?
Research is what keeps us going.
Therein the answer is lying still.
Who leads the search for Lewy bodies?
Who will try out the next pill?
Who will leave their brain for testing?
Can you give any hope to Sharon or Bill?

(continued in next message)