on Thu, 29 Dec 1994 16:14:45 EST Rachel Maegraith wrote:

|>       My husband was diagnosed with PD at the age of 53. He is now 64 and
|>       taking 25/100 (8 tablets) Sinemet daily plus 0.25mg (1.5 tablets)
|>       Permax. I have three questions I would love answered:
|>       1. Is there such a thing as "remission" in Parkinsons Disease?
|>       2. Has anyone undergone acupuncture for severe dyskinesia?
|>       3. Is there a cure/solution for severe dyskinesia caused by Sinemet
|>       intake?

        I can only relate an answer to #2.  My father-in-law tried acupuncture
for a short period of time.  He did relate that in the beginning it seemed to
give him some relief, however it was short lived.  After trying acupuncture
for a couple of weeks, he stopped.  I believe that it didn't give him the
relief he was looking for.  Of course, maybe there are others on the net for
whom it has worked.

        Someone else recently asked about chelation.  My father-in-law has
been a beliver in chelation for some time now, and has gone to clinics in the
south.  He recently attended a clinic in nothern mexico, Tijuana (sp?).  I can
not say whether it has helped him or not - he had said that it helped a bit
when I talked to him after he returned.  I am unclear about this, but I also
believe he received some "live cell therapy" while he was there.  The upshot
of it all is that I think he thought it helped for a while; but he is currently
talking with the Clinic in Loma Linda about a pallidotomy.

Dudley

Dudley Knappe, Software Development Division            Cray Research, Inc.
Phone: (612) 683-5529                                   655F Lone Oak Drive
E-mail: [log in to unmask] or uunet!cray!dudley            Eagan, MN 55121