Forwarded message:
From [log in to unmask]  Tue Jan 24 06:00:54 1995
Date:         Tue, 24 Jan 1995 11:51:44 +0100
Sender: FICINO Discussion - Renaissance and Reformation Studies
From: Luc Borot <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Renaissance W3s
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]
Comments: cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
          [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
To: Germaine Warkentin <[log in to unmask]>

        Dear all,

        I am preparing a presentation of the Shakespearean and Elizabethan
servers on the Net for the coming issue of Cahiers Elisabethains. I have
spotted 2 WWW servers in Germany, and several links to US servers. I would
be very grateful if the colleagues involved in W3 or gopher or ftp servers
in Tudor and Stuart studies sent me a note with a description of their
servers, their addresses of course, and a brief blurb on the spirit behind
the machines. The servers offering a choice of Shakespeare editions are
also welcome to inform us of the choice they made. It is not always bery
obvious: which text? why? which editions were considered in a first phase?
how were they made into e-texts?
        If time gets too short (you know how printers are), I will only
publish a catalogue this April, followed by a review essay in the October
issue.

        Glad to be of some help to advertise our activities in the 'paper'
world.

                        Yours,
Luc

*e-mail: [log in to unmask] - [log in to unmask]
*Prof. Luc Borot - Centre d'Etudes et de Recherches sur la Renaissance Anglaise
*Universite Paul-Valery, Montpellier (France)
*phone: 33-67142448 - 33-67142449 - fax 33-67142465

Germaine Warkentin                                     [log in to unmask]
English, Victoria College, University of Toronto