Dear John:
I am a speech pathologist and I read your article re: speech and swallowing
impairments in PD.  Yes, your yawning approach can help patients with PD to
produce a louder voice.  A large problem with the individuals with PD has to
do with their breath support and it is great that you are able to help them
in that area.  HOWEVER,  I can not see a correlation between your yawning
technique and dysphagia(swallowing impairments).  Dysphagia is a very serious
problem.  It may result in pnuemonia and eventually death.  I would hope that
you are referring those individuals that have swallowing impairments to a
doctor who will then consult a Speech Pathologist.
Judy Annesley