This message was from ROSANNE SPECTOR to ALL,
originally in conference FMEDICAL
and was forwarded to you by EDWIN PARTRIDGE.
                    -------------------------
From: [log in to unmask] (rosanne spector)
Newsgroups: sci.med
Date: 29 Dec 1994 02:17:05 GMT
I have a 19-year-old friend who has been tentatively diagnosed with
Parkinson's disease. His neurologist says she is 90 percent sure he has
Parkinson's and could find out for sure by giving him a test. My friend
doesn't want to know for sure - saying he'd rather cling to the hope that
he doesn't have it. His neurologist tells him the treatment he is receiving
already (for what he says she previously thought was dysautonomia) is the
same treatment she would give for Parkinson's --so a definitive answer
isn't necessary for treatment purposes.
  What I'm wondering is: Is the treatment for dysautonomia really the same
as the treatment for Parkinson's?
  AND If my friend really does have Parkinson's, what can he expect in
terms of symptoms? Now he is almost unaffected.  In other words, what is
the expected disease course in patients with early-onset Parkinson's? The
only symptom he feels so far is weakness/uncoordination in one wrist.
 AND Are there support groups of any kind for people with Parkinson's
disease and their families? If so, how can I get in touch with them?
  THANKS for any info about this you can send my way,
Rosanne Spector

From: [log in to unmask]

 * SLMR 2.1a * McLean Virginia USA  Wed 01-04-95 8:14 pm
---
 * KMail 3.00y