Dear Brian:  Your story about your father is interesting to me.  I'm 60 and
was diagnosed about 2 yrs ago.  At that time, I was very very anxious and
afraid and depressed; I was withdrawn and was ready to retire.  After starting
Sinemet, my mood lifted and within a fairly short time, I was back to my former
level of confidence.  The last two years, I have gone back to work as the old
me.  One of my students told me this week that dopamine related medications
often are mood elevators  and are used for mental health treatment as well as
PD.  I am interested in what symptoms your father has that are seen as
dementia; is it forgetfulness?  There is an involutional aspect of depression
that looks like memory loss because the person goes so effectively "inside."
I will be interested in knowing whether the Sinemet has any effects on the
mentation.    All the best. Bob Newbrough

Question to the networkers:  The medication mentioned above is Wellbutin. It is
called a dopamine enhancer and is used in mood disorders.  Has anyone knowledge
of this drug?  Is it used in treatment of PD?