My grandfather has PD and is in what I guess to be the advanced stages. He
has trouble sitting up and his hands are curled up. He can speak but only
intermitently with great effort. He is still at home with 24 hr. care nursing
5 days a week and my parents go up on the weekends. Am I correct in thinking
that while he may not be able to speak and communicate that he still is very
conscious of what is going on. Can someone tell me how the disease progesses
and what we can do to make my grandfathers experience better. Right now all
the nurse does is put him in his chair and leave him there all day until bed
time.

Bob Norsworthy ([log in to unmask]) or ([log in to unmask])