Date: Sat, 7 Jan 1995 18:17:13 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: progressive supra nuclear palsy

Hello. My name is Paul Diehl and my 78-year-old father was recently diagnosed
with progressive supra nuclear palsy.  I was told that this disease is
somehow known as a related cousin of Parkinson's Disease.  He displays many
Parkinson-like symptoms, such as stooped gait, falling down frequently,
drooling, etc.  But we were told the disease will not result in dementia, as
is often the case with Parkinson's.  Because the disease affects a different
part of the brain than in Parkinson's, we were told anti-Parkinson's drugs
aren't effective.  Could you direct me to any reference material or resources
regarding any current information about this disease.  Thank you very much.

      Paul Diehl, 436 N. Franklin, Dearborn, MI 48128
      313-565-4108