Hi Bob,

My father has PD.  He has had it for ten years.  PD patients are very well
aware of what's going on around them.  In fact my father (66) can recall
things from the past that are from the days he was 6 years old very clearly.
 They also have a strong hearts and a strong knowldge of the surroundings.
 The tend to be very sensitive.  My father does not like to be seen by little
kids fearing they might get frightened of his look (Mask Face and skinny
build).

My father, like many other PD patients, is typing his memoir.  This gives him
a great feeling of satsfaction and remembering the good healthy days.  It
makes him happy.  It turns out very well everytime I read a chapter of his
memoir.

Suggest that to you grandfather.