TO: Ronald Vetter

Your reference to a pamphlet titled ''Victory over Parkinons's disease in
Sight' and the comments about frontal lobe blood flow I have read and it may
have been in the back of my mind when I suggested a study of MRI scans.
 Since those comments were written I have received communication that exactly
what I suggested is being done. Although the results are preliminary, my
guess may be right.  And this is simply, undermedication and well as
overmedication for long periods may be the cause of selected areas of brain
atrophy.  This may be intuitive from the simple statement, "Use it or lose
it."  If medication level prevent one from properly using selected areas of
their brain,  these areas will start to "rust."

It has now been a few months since the Discovery Channel on cable TV
presented "The BRAIN, Our Universe Within."  This was a 5 hour mini-series
with fantastic graphics.  The subjects covered were (1) Evolution (2)
Perception (3) Memory (4) The Miracelous Mind (5) Matter over Mind.  The
video tapes of this series may be still available for $49.95 plus S & H & Tax
by calling 1-800-587-1818 and asking for this series.

I have watched this series maybe six times and each time I learn more.  So
much is said in such a short time that I have had to look at these tapes over
and over.  I highly recommend them for a support group library.

To: Don Berns:

It was not my review of Lynne Redgrave's "Shakespear in the Park" but by a
news service.  Mary Yost told me about it and the review I found on AOL.  I
am pleased you enjoyed it and thank Mary for bringing it to my attention.

To Seth Ness

Blue glasses were suggested as a possible way to reduce dyskinesia which is
the uncontrolled movement often associated with longterm usage of L-Dopa and
most likely being overmedicated.  Your comments about helping your father in
periods of OFF are very interesting.  Thanks.

To Virginia Tilley

I would like to address only one part of your message, your mother's response
to antidepressants.  Recently the distributor of Eldepryl in the US,
Somerset, issued a strong warning to doctors.  It stated that Eldepryl and
tri-cyclic antidepressants or Eldepryl and SSRI drugs may cause problems.  I a
m wondering if your mother was also on Eldepryl when taking the
antidepressants?

To All:

I have resigned the presidency of the Young Parkinson's Support Network of
California and I have also resigned as editor of the Movers and Shakers
Newsletter of YPSN.  I am currently working on the final edition as editor.
 Someone else will need to jump on the opportunity and take it to ever higher
places.  If you think I will send you a copy of the my last newsletter --
wrong I will not.  You need to contact the new president of YPSN, Tom Brown
at 619-286-4321.  I plan to post the major articles of the newsletter on this
list server over the next few weeks.

One activity I plan to do is participate in the "Walk for Unity" on Oct 15 of
this year.  Last year a walk was held NYC called a "Walk in the Park".
 People could come out and express their feelings about Parkinson's disease
and help in community awareness and donate to anyone of four national
organizations.  It was a beginning.  This year I have asked the NY group if I
could also have a "Walk for Unity" at the other end of I-80, San Francisco.
 They were excited to have me along.  Since then, Rita Weeks in Lincoln, NE
said don't forget me, I want to be a part of this also.  If others are
interested, please contact Margot Zobel at [log in to unmask] for more details.

Back to the newsletter.... Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])

I have some other activities planned, but I will very much be listening to
this list server.  I have learned much and have much to learn.  There is
power in knowledge and even more power in wisdom.  This list server provides
both.  For that I thank Barbara Patterson for starting this list server.