Dear David and Aviva Devor:

You have done a lot of work and have concluded with something most of us with
pallidotomies already know - when it comes to having the procedure, go to the
best.  I had mine done May 21, l993 by Dr. Lauri Laitinen in Sweden - the
best - who taught Dr. Robert Iacono - also the best - and both these fine
experienced neurosurgeons are training more who are appearing on the best
list.  Soon pallidotomies will be common, less expensive, and accessible.

I had one side done (right) as that was the "bad" side.  Now I want to get
the left side done but have another more pressing  condition to try to
resolve first.

Aviva, you will feel wonderful after your pallidotomy.  Loose and flexible
and free.  Don't expect to feel normal - just  much better.  I had mine 20
months ago and still enjoy the feeling that I'm not a prisoner in a tight
suit of armor.  My left arm and leg are tremor free.  My voice suddenly
improved just lately.  I have not fallen so no bruises as before.  However I
would not go  skiing or sky diving as Don Berns does - so his pallidotomy is
even more successful or he has more nerve than I do.  My balance isn't
wonderful.  All in  all not bad for  9 years with PD.

Don't be bothered by people calling your doctor names.  I've heard
"maverick."  It takes a maverick who is sure of himself  to do what he does.
 I want a doctor or a lawyer who has a big secure ego thank you.  Dr. Bob
isn't concerned about name calling.  His concern is his patient.  You.

We will be watching our screens  for messages from you.

Barbara Yacos, R.N.