Hi,
       Just thought I'd make 2 comments about things my father,
who has had parkinsons for 20 years, has found helpful.  First,
my father has swallowing difficulties as many other people have
mentioned recently.  He's found that drinking with a straw helps
a great deal, and keeps the liquid from pooling in the back of
his throat.

     Secondly (and I am somewhat afraid to post this) the Doctors
treating him at the Cleveland Clinic a couple of months ago found
that Benadryl greatly relieved his Sinemet reactions, especially the
throat clenching and the dyskinesia he experiences about 15 minutes
after taking his Sinemet.  I must say that the dosage of Benadryl
given to him initially was quite high, and caused some hallucination
problems. I am interested in knowing if anyone else has had similar
experiences with Benadryl.

     Finally, I am *NOT* a doctor, and so please, talk to your neurologist
before even considering taking Benadryl - even though its an over-the-
counter medication here is the U.S.

         -Regards, [log in to unmask]