Dear David,

        Good work on the postoperative patient follow-up survey for Dr Iacono's
patients.  As I am sure you can well understand I was not able to provide you
with the complete list of patients , but I was delighted Dr Iacono did.
        Perhaps an edited form of this survey could be posted on the Parkinson
Digest.
        I found the results of your survey most informative and confirms what I
have experienced.  I would also note that some of the problems experienced in
the first 100 patients have not occurred in the last 100 patients.  I am
convinced that this surgery is an art that gets better the more pallidotomies a
surgeon does.
        I had a call today from a man in Chicago who had been the second patient
done at Rush Presbyterian hospital and he had lost most of his voice, the use of
his right arm, and balance following his pallidotomy there 2 months ago.
        I look forward to seeing you when you come over from Jerusalem for your
wife's bilateral pallidotomy on March 1.

Blessings to you and Aviva.
Don Berns <[log in to unmask]>