i wishe to send this to your personal e-mail address after reading your pd
list intro.

to begin, i am not a physician.  i am a 27yr old ph.d. student in clinical
psychology in santa barbara, ca.  i have been diagnosed with pd for nearly
2 1/2 years.

you meantioned your mother's hallucinations; from what i have read on the
pd list and in other literature, (i personally have not had hallucinations)
high dodes of sinemet (carbidopa/levodopa) can cause hallucinations.  is
your mother taking sinemet?

it seems over-medication can be a problem for some pd patients.  is the
neurologist your mother sees once a month one of the doctors who insists
that over-medication is not a problem?  if he/she is, i would recomend you
see a good neurologist (and not a general practitioner), one who
understands and focuses his/her practice on pd.  i do not know of any in
colorado, but i highly suggest you contact ALAN BONANDER  at
[log in to unmask]  he is the former president of the YOUNG PARKINSON'S
SUPPORT NETWORK in northern, ca and is a gold mine of info.  he regulary
posts to the pd list.

again, i am no doctor, so please regard my words and suggestions in that light.

i have faith that you will receive much more helpful info, as there are
numerous people on the pd list with information to share.  after reading
your letter, my heart went out to your mother, father, and yourselves, so i
wished to offer my two cents worth of knowledge.

best wishes.

jeffrey r. romanyshyn, m.a., [log in to unmask]
pacifica graduate institute
249 lambert rd./carpinteria, ca 93013
805/969-3626

*the real adventure is putting on your socks*

the real adventure is putting on your socks,
it's difficult to do early in the morning.
your eyes, they don't focus.
your fingers, they don't pinch.
your toes, they don't wiggle.
i sometimes sleep in my socks,
i'm not always in the mood for adventure.

j.r. romanyshyn

12/11/94