I've seen imformational pamphlet about may aspects of PD for patients and
several intended for care-givers, however, I have not seen any directed
toward employers.  Several people have told us about losing their jobs
after it became known that they have PD.  This is illegal under the ADA
and most likely not an "informed decision" by the employer.  Many people
have no idea what PD is.

I think it would be useful to have a pamphlet directed at employers,
explaining what PD is and is not.   Emphasizing that many, particularly
young onset patients, work for many, many years after diagnosis.  It should
also point out that employers are legally require to make reasonable
acomodations and can not discriminate against the employee because of
disabilities.

Anyone have any opinions?  I would have to be carefully worded.  Perhaps
we could enlist one of the PD associations to help write and print it.

Leif J. Youngdahl