          Mark,

          Could you please elaborate on the rationale for studying the
          effect of voice training on gait?  My only guess is that the
          breathing component of voice training does something to
          benefit overall fitness, but I don't get the exact
          connection.  As you know, my research focusses on voice and
          speech in PD, and we often compare the "midline" structures
          involved to peripheral structures (arms, hands).  Perhaps
          you are alluding to a relationship between balance and voice
          because they both involve axial (midline) structures?

          Thanks for clarifying.

          Nancy Solomon